Thursday, June 9, 2011

It's a Boy! Well, make that Two!

There is this little thing that happened today, I became a mother of FIVE!

I will have to do a whole post on the details of our day, it was quite the ride.

Sorry this will not be a picture post. My family is dying to know details so I need to catch them up! Pictures will come later I promise.

We had court at 9:30 this morning. All went well and we were named parents of

Gabe Artem House (Artem is pronounced Are-tea-M)

And

Levi Vitalik House (Vitalik is pronounced Vee-Ta-Lick)

After court we had to race, and I mean race, to get to the boys separate places of birth and get their birth certificates.

We then drove to the notary to get the application for the boys passports.

Then we booked it back to Zap to turn in the passport applications. We were in such a hurry because Monday is a holiday here and the offices said they would not be available tomorrow. With the holiday that would mean we would have had to wait till Tuesday to get all these things done. We are very glad we made it today!

Tomorrow we have to pick up the passports, buy our train tickets, and then we will get our boys out of the orphanage!!!

Because of the weekend and the holiday we have to wait till Tuesday to finish the paperwork that needs to be done in Kiev.

Our plan as of now is to stay here until Sunday night. We will take the train to Kiev arriving Monday morning. We will have Tuesday and Wednesday to do our paperwork and plan to board our plane Thursday to come HOME!!!

Off to go book our plane tickets!!

18 comments:

Jennifer June 9, 2011 at 10:25 AM  

Congratulations!!!

Stephanie @ Ralphcrew June 9, 2011 at 10:42 AM  

Ahh! No 10 day wait for you guys. AWESOME!! Congratulations!! Can't wait to see those boys home for good. :)

Rochelle June 9, 2011 at 10:54 AM  

Congratulations!

The Lourceys June 9, 2011 at 11:02 AM  

YAY!!! So excited for you guys!

Life with an Angel from Above June 9, 2011 at 11:05 AM  

That's Awesome,no 10days! That was the worst part of ours, knowing he was ours but had to wait 12days before he officially was ours! So HAPPY for all 7 of you! Can't wait til all the boys can meet! Safe travels! The Baumanns, Kim,Tom & Bryce!

alicia June 9, 2011 at 11:39 AM  

the 10 day was waved? cool!! congrats :)

Unknown June 9, 2011 at 12:47 PM  

I don't know what all this "10 day" talk is, but I sure am glad you guys didn't have it=)

Emi June 9, 2011 at 12:51 PM  

No 10 days wait for you? That's great!! Can't wait to see those boys out of there!!

kecia June 9, 2011 at 1:42 PM  

So you got your wait waived??? That is amazing!!! So happy for you all! Yes we will be in Kiev from Sunday to Thursday...email me ane we can meet up in Kiev....Kecia jcox@msn.com

Lisa (DanielsMommy) June 9, 2011 at 6:37 PM  

So happy for you all!!! I can't wait to see pics :).

Mel June 9, 2011 at 9:03 PM  

How seriously wonderful for you and your family!!!
God bless you all! I am so very happy for you!

Melissa

David and Carolyn June 10, 2011 at 3:45 AM  

Praise God!!! We are so happy for you guys! Praying for your trip home and for God's grace as you settle in as an expanded family.
P.S. I loved the photos of Genesis loving on the kids:)
Our court has been delayed until Tuesday :(

Gretchen June 10, 2011 at 5:30 AM  

Gotta love the region...gotta love the waive!

Give all of our friends there a HUGE hug!! I miss them.

I am so excited for your new life with your boys. Wish you could be home this week so I could meet you in Florida :-(

Blessings and safe travel!
Gretchen

Nan and Dan June 10, 2011 at 8:31 PM  

woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Anonymous June 11, 2011 at 1:16 PM  

Please email me again. I would like to talk to you about traveling with Yuri. I've list the first email. Sorry. Congratulations on your two new boys!
Mrs.motowink@yahoo.com
Autumn
Noknots.blogspot.com

Reading Widely June 12, 2011 at 8:33 AM  

Congratulations!!!! So happy for you.

Please let me know if you need anything or have questions - or just want to talk to someone who's "been there". Also, please join us on the After the Rainbow group on yuku!

Blessings,
Rachel Whitmire
Post-Adoption Care Coordinator
Reece's Rainbow Down Syndrome Adopiton Ministry
rachel@reecesrainbow.org
www.reecesrainbow.org

Lisa June 15, 2011 at 2:14 PM  

Congratulations!! I caught the beginning of your trip, but forgot to bookmark your blog...just visited again today, and I am blown away. Both of your boys are beautiful. Precious souls! I am heartbroken for Gabe and what he's been through, though you and your family are the miracle he's been waiting for. I am excited to see how they both blossom once home. Someone had to step out and fight for these boys. I am thankful you found them :).

Karien Prinlsoo June 22, 2011 at 1:05 AM  

Hi from South africa. I'm eagerly checking your blog for an update a few times a day!I realize that it is probably rough with all the new adjustments. I just want to say welcome home. I pray that the Holy spirit will lead and guide you with your boys and especially with Levi. Even though many parents may have" been there and done that" YOU are the ones that God called to be Levi's and Gabe's parents! I pray that you will feel God's presence every day-especially when you are at your wits end. Just know that I am praying for you. Many. May you experience ALL the blessings that are in Christ Jesus

Followers

Books I LOVE and recommend

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP