Sunday, June 5, 2011

Brothers

I decided today that if the Nannies insisted we take Gabe outside like they did yesterday that we would go, and keep going. 

No, I didn't make a run for the gates, but don't think it didn't cross my mind. 

Yesterday we just sat right out in front of Gabe's building and that's why the Nanny came out and interfered. I wanted to avoid that today.

As soon as we walked in they quickly brought Gabe out already buckled up in a stroller. I did just as I planned and walked him right outside. But instead of sticking by his building I told Guy we should walk on down by Levi's building, out of eyesight of Gabe's workers. We walk the whole grounds with Levi so I know that it is allowed.

Now, I don't want to make the Nannies all sound like terrible people. Actually I have been VERY touched by their compassion for our boys. I had heard stories of how most of them can be towards the kids and that is what I expected. Honestly though, I can tell that they do care about my boys. Whenever we walk by with Levi they always yell out his name, waving and smiling happily at him. Gabe's Nannies have held him, sung to him, rubbed his face. 
The problem is not that they don't care, I feel it's simply lack of knowledge on how to care for them. 
The last thing Gabe needs is harsh and sudden movements, or to be spoken loudly to.
I keep thinking that if they just had more education here on how to treat the different needs of these children, and of course if they had more workers, it would be life changing for these kids. 

We all sat down on a bench and did our usual routine with Gabe of letting him sit to the side of Guys lap and not confine him, while talking quietly to him. I really don't think he has ever been outside. They told us that since he always cries they never took him out of the orphanage for care and would instead have the doctors come to him in his crib.
How often an actual Doctor came to see him I don't know, and how one could possibly leave him in his condition. Well, lets not go there.

He sat on Guy's lap and cried for one hour straight.

Guy didn't want to let him go and so he decided to keep him while Genesis and I went to get Levi and bring him out for his visit.

We were told the first day that we couldn't visit the boys together because they didn't want them in each others rooms to prevent cross contamination. 
We get two visits a day from 10-12 and 4-6.  Because of the no mixing thing we get each boy for only one hour per visit instead of the whole two hours. 

Except for today.

Hey, they never told us we couldn't have them together outside.

When I came down with Levi, Gabe was content. Guy said he stopped as soon as I left. Thanks a lot Guy.

At the second visit I brought Gabe directly outside to the same bench and he stopped crying as soon as we sat down. Progress!

Genesis and I went to get Levi who promptly ran to each of us and gave us a big hug. Oh how I adore him.

We had a wonderful visit.  Gabe was full of smiles. He kept smiling whenever anyone would walk past us, it was the neatest thing. 

It was so nice to have a full two hours with the boys, TOGETHER.

Brothers together for the first time. 

My sons.

Photobucket

To say Daddy is attached would be an understatement
Photobucket

Check out them boxers. This boy is stylin
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

13 comments:

one_plustwins June 5, 2011 at 4:22 PM  

Big huge smiles with tears here!

Stephanie @ Ralphcrew June 5, 2011 at 5:15 PM  

Gabe looks so big compared to Levi! Well, long anyway. :(

I love your plan for visitation. Awesome!

Anonymous June 5, 2011 at 5:20 PM  

Such a wonderful report today! Thank you, so much, Lindy, for keeping us up to date! We pray for all of you ... especially little Gabe. Beth & Tom Marshall

Unknown June 5, 2011 at 5:34 PM  

I love it! Good way to have your boys together. I know they have rules but come on enough is enough. Congrats on todays accomplishments.

The Monier Family June 5, 2011 at 5:34 PM  

Awesome:)

Life with an Angel from Above June 5, 2011 at 6:01 PM  

So glad everyday is getting better and better! There is nothing like having the boys SOOOO excited to see ya every visit; it was such warmth in heart everytime Bryce was like that at each visit. Any news on court yet??
Thoughts are with you all!
The Baumanns Kim,Tom & Bryce

Nan and Dan June 5, 2011 at 6:59 PM  

way to go!! Isn't it nice not to feel like you are being watched! My whole month in Zap we only were allowed outside 2 x's and it was SO nice!!! love seeing you all together:)
hugs!

Grandma~rella June 5, 2011 at 7:56 PM  

Truly beautiful! The two-hour visits must feel soooo much better than one, for all of you! Happy, lovin' tears... here in Oregon! :**)

Gretchen June 6, 2011 at 6:14 AM  

I'm loving seeing these pictures and seeing the progress with Gabe...slowly this little boy will creep toward being who he was meant to be. Love will win!

I feel like I'm taking your pictures b/c I can feel exactly where I'm standing when the picture is taken....it is so much fun!

Need Church pictures.....pictures of your new friends at the Church...


Blessings.
Gretchen

Becca June 6, 2011 at 6:51 PM  

I'm bummed because the pics didn't come through when I came to the blog this time -- but I'm so excited to read about the progress! I've been sharing your blog on my FB wall and there are a few people who don't even know you who are praying and excited with you! How much longer will you be there?

Amanda June 7, 2011 at 8:38 AM  

The boys look so good even after only a few visits. I love how your husband keeps it real, he is great. and you are so bold. It is great that you have found a way to get the boys together and it's nice that you get space and alone time with them. All we had was a small closet room we called it. we had to sit on a small sofa no room to play,he sat on our laps. with our coordinator in the room with us always . I wish we could have gone outside but it was cold and lots of snow all over.God bless you guys we are watching your dstory unfold and are so excited for you.

Katrina June 7, 2011 at 8:41 AM  

that last comment that says from AMANDA was from me I didnt know she was signed into her google account.
katrina

Pat June 8, 2011 at 12:01 PM  

Praying all is going well for you.

Followers

Books I LOVE and recommend

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP