Sunday, May 29, 2011

We are here!

We made it!!!

We flew out Friday at 1:30PM and arrived in Eastern Europe at 4:30PM (9:30AM YOUR time, we are 7 hours ahead of you) Saturday. Our driver Nicco Picked us up and drove us to our apartment. I was pretty wiped out so we stayed put for the evening.

I went to bed at 11:30pm (4:30 your time) and had a great night of sleep. We woke up about 9AM, got ready and headed out for McDonalds.

We did a ton of walking today. The weather is great, 24c, which would be around 70 degrees.

There is a huge festival going on. I heard it is a celebration of this city's Birthday.
There are live concerts, rides, balloons. SO fun seeing all the people everywhere.

I absolutely LOVE it here!! I love seeing the different culture, hearing the language, seeing the different styles.
It's really funny, all the little boys I see look so much like my Gabe and Levi :)

Tomorrow at 9AM we have our SDA appointment. This will be where we hear all the information they have on our boys like why they are at the orphanage and their medical.
It is also where we will get our referral for the boys so we can then get a court date.
We will get the referral papers Tuesday and board our train Tuesday night to make the 12 hour trip to our boys region.
Wednesday morning when we arrive we will be taken to the orphanage where....

We will meet our boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know you are all dying to see pics so here you go!!!
These are a mixture of Genesis' pics and mine. And yes, it is killing me that I can't edit mine. Never before have I posted my pics straight out of camera. Count yourself lucky;)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was hoping to sleep on the 9 hour flight from NC to Germany but no such luck. We were all pretty tired after that flight and had a 5 hour layover before flying the last 2 hours to EE
Photobucket

We needed coffee bad
Photobucket

Unfortunately it would take 10x this cup to do the job
Photobucket

Lunch/breakfast not really sure at this point what time our bodies think it is. Guy and Genesis got this pancake wrap with sweet cheese. Looks way better than it taste
Photobucket

Hello *K
Photobucket


Our apartment
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

View from the balcony
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

At night
Photobucket

My dinner last night
Photobucket

Fireworks!!! The view from our balcony
Photobucket

Photobucket


Our walk around the city
Photobucket

COFFEE!!!
Photobucket

The McDonalds did taste different but wasn't bad. It wasn't too expensive, I actually think it was cheaper than ours. We got 2 whole meals, 1 chicken sandwich and a coffee for under $12.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Found the electronic store to get a card reader for Genesis camera card
Photobucket

iPad 2 Just released
Photobucket

Sound close to what you spent Tim and Lisa???
Photobucket

Jude and Zane, Kung Fu Panda is here too!!!!!!!!!!!!
Photobucket

The beach
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thank you all for your prayers and encouraging hello's! We treasure each one.

A HUGE Thank you to my sister and bro, Kara and Stefen for watching my kids and helping them with this transition.
Kara even made a blog that is a day to day of the boys at home. What a gift.

10 comments:

The Monier Family May 29, 2011 at 1:50 PM  

I am so excited for you all I do not even know what to write:) YAY!? LOL!!
Nice wristband;op
It look like so much fun!!!!!!!!
(((((HUGS)))))

Nan and Dan May 29, 2011 at 2:07 PM  

so happy you are there safe and sound!! I love her pics :) keep it up!!

phyllis May 29, 2011 at 2:11 PM  

What an amazing experience. Praying the next few days go smoothly for you all. Can't wait for more pictures. Grace and peace, Phyllis

PS - where are you exactly??

Samantha Grimm May 29, 2011 at 2:34 PM  

Praying for you daily! Love the pictures =O) Can't wait to see the pictures of you holding your babies!

Mark Bradley May 29, 2011 at 5:32 PM  

THANKS for the update!!! The pictures are amazing!!! Praying for you constantly... Blessings tomorrow!
Dawn

Debbie May 29, 2011 at 5:44 PM  

Love all the pictures! Keep us updated please. I'm praying every day for you three, your two boys that you will soon meet and your two boys back at home. Oh and praying for Kara & Stephan, too.
Love ya!

Maria and Family May 29, 2011 at 7:19 PM  

beautiful pics :) something about that flight to germany just sucks :)
It looks like your apartment is right down the street from tgif? I am glad you guys are out walking around. We loved our time roaming around just enjoying the sites :) cant wait for an update tomorrow!! Details girl I need details !!
say hi to genesis for us :) oh and Guy ;)

Gretchen May 29, 2011 at 8:40 PM  

Very FUN!!! I'm so jealous....looking back! And how exciting that you are oh so close to meeting the boys...wow!!1

Those are pictures I can't wait to see. The surroundings.....get LOTS of pix at the orphanage...LOTS!!!!

How great that there is a blog to follow your kids. What an AMAZING idea....LOVE it!

Blessings and prayers coming your way...
Gretchen

Rochelle May 31, 2011 at 7:27 PM  

Praying your SDA appt went well! Great pics! We are heading that way June 7th hope to run into you on one of the trips.

Melissa June 3, 2011 at 12:04 PM  

I'm playing catch up. I'm so glad to see you made it safely. And what a blessing for Genesis to be able to join you. I'm sure it will be a life changing experience for her!

Followers

Books I LOVE and recommend

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP