Tuesday, May 24, 2011

2 short days!

Photobucket
*This is a t-shirt I designed for my boys to wear home*




I honestly cannot believe we are at THIS very moment in our adoption journey. Everyone keeps asking me if I'm excited. YES, I am.

BUT, mostly the feeling is incredibly surreal. I have so many emotions going on that sometimes I can't think straight. SO much to do. Packing, cleaning the house, getting the house ready for 2 little boys, photo shoots, researching the country that we are going to, preparing to leave behind my Zane and Jude......so much.

When we moved here to FL from TN 6 months ago, we hit the ground running!
November we moved into our home, my sister got married, Thanksgiving, and I had MANY photo shoots.

I knew that as soon as we moved I wanted to begin the process of our adoption and on December 15th we committed to Gabe (a few weeks later we added Levi). It has been a whirlwind of activity ever since.
I continued to book photo shoots to raise money. We had lots of fund raisers including Chick-Fil-A, T-Shirt sales, Bowl-A-Thon, BBQ Dinners, Yard sale, auctions, Lori Annes, Adoption journals...to name a few.
Couple that with the hundreds of legal forms to fill out and you have yourself a busy few months!

I know everyone's adoption journeys are different with many highs and lows, but I will say honestly that this process was FAR easier than I ever imagined!!
And super FAST!!
I have a long list of times throughout this process that had God's name written all over it. I hope to blog about that soon.

So here we are. Boarding a plane in two days to fly to EE. We have our SDA appointment on Monday at 9AM their time (they are 7 hours ahead of us). We will hopefully be meeting our boys that Wednesday.

I hope to be able to keep up with this blog and fill you in on everything step by step. Of course there will also be lots of photo's and video's, internet service willing.

Thank each one of you that got us to this place in our adoption journey and helped make a lifelong dream of mine, and a command of the Father, a reality. We love you!

2 comments:

Annette Rees May 25, 2011 at 6:12 AM  

Best of luck and safe travels. It's so awesome to see God at work. My He continue to order you steps and provide above and beyond for you and the family.

Nan and Dan May 26, 2011 at 6:49 PM  

good luck sweetie!! fly safe :)

Followers

Books I LOVE and recommend

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP