Monday, May 9, 2011

Two Words ___________ _____________

Wednesday, May 4th, we got the long awaited phone call that we have our SDA appointment in EE!!! It will be Monday, May 30th at 9:00AM.

Instant excitement. Instant relief. Instant reality that we still had $5,000 to raise in 3 short weeks.

As I called and texted the family, I found myself beginning to freak out about how in the world I could raise the $5,000 we needed in such a short time.

I logged in to Facebook to make our announcement and the very top comment on my wall was this:

Imagine Jesus saying this to you about today - "I will equip you as you go, so that you can handle whatever comes your way. Trust me to supply what you need when you need it."

Throughout this whole adoption process God has spoken to me so clearly at different times. Just when I've needed it.
It made me think of all the times in life that I asked, no, begged God to talk to me and never really felt like I got answers.
Now in the last year I have heard Him more than ever.

Maybe it has something to with finally being at a place where I am listening. A place where I have said this life is not mine, it's not "All about me". God, whatever you want, however you want. Use me.

"I will equip you as you go, so that you can handle whatever comes your way. Trust me to supply what you need when you need it."

That evening I received an email. Someone anonymously donated $4,000 to our Reece's Rainbow account.

Seriously God. You are amazing.

Guy and I sat down to calculate where we were at with funds. We had several donations that had come in including a $300.00 check from Lori Anne's fundraiser.

The result?

Two words:

FULLY FUNDED!!!!!!

"Trust me to supply what you need when you need it"


THANK YOU, each and every one of you that donated in some way, big or small.

This was never about giving money to Lindy or Guy. This wasn't about giving us money so we could simply grow our family. No, this was bigger than that.

It was about this:

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." - James 1:27

Adoption is at the heart of God.

In Russell Moore's Book "Adopted for Life" it says

"The scriptures tell us there are unseen beings around us who would rather we not think about who we are in Christ.

They would rather we find our identity, our inheritance, and our mission according to what we can see and verify as ours - according to what the Bible calls "the flesh"- rather than according to the veiled rhythms of the spirit of life.

That's why adoption isn't charity - it's war.

Adoption is not just about couples who want children - or who want more children.

Adoption is about an entire culture within our churches, a culture that sees adoption as part of our Great Commission mandate and as a sign as the gospel itself."



Off to start our packing list and practice some Russian

4 comments:

The Monier Family May 9, 2011 at 9:42 AM  

PRAISE THE LORD!!!! Was there ever a doubt, really?;op Congrats to you all and please know that Eric, the boys, and I are praying for you all daily. If there is anything we can do to help, just let us know:)
(((((HUGS)))))

Julia May 9, 2011 at 1:01 PM  

Tears of joy. My God continue to pour blessings on your head as you journey to go get those precious boys.

Gwen S May 9, 2011 at 5:51 PM  

God is amazing. God is so good. What an amazing testimony you have shared.

Anonymous May 11, 2011 at 4:13 PM  

Oh Lindy! I am so very happy for you! Praise God!!! He is so awesome and wonderful!!!!! What a blessing to be able to now focus on final prep for the upcoming delivery of your fratenal twins!!! ;o) Can we say nesting???
Dawn

Followers

Books I LOVE and recommend

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP