Wednesday, July 6, 2011

FREEdom. Means so much more this year

We had a fun, HOT 4th of July. We spent the day at my sisters house in the pool. Gabe tried it out but any movement of the water drives him crazy.
Levi on the other hand LOVES the water.

My brother Luke "teaching" him a few moves
Photobucket

My boys love their Uncle Stefen
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We then headed over to Papa and Nana's house. The first of many visits.
Photobucket

Gabe's silly face
Photobucket

Time for fireworks

Photobucket

The louder the better for Levi!
Photobucket

I'm not kidding. We had some of THE loudest, screeching fireworks.
Look at Guy in the background holding his ears. Genesis face behind Levi, hysterical.
Kara holding her ears.
Levi... enjoying every minute.

Photobucket

Of course the 4th isn't complete without sparklers

Jude's moon
Photobucket

Genesis' smiley face
Photobucket

and heart
Photobucket


Dictionary:
"Independence implies not only lack of restrictions but also the ability to stand alone, unsustained by anything else"

This year, I am so thankful for the Freedom we have. Freedom to go over seas and rescue our two boys.

If you know me at all you know I can not stand when people talk about "us and them". God created us all and cares for us all. The whole world.

That doesn't mean I am not grateful for freedom and for having the privilege of being an American.

Only I don't think that just because I live here that gives me the right to think I am better than anyone else or that I somehow deserve better.

No, I fully believe that when we are blessed by growing up in a place like America, God intends for us to use that blessing to reach out to others.

We have that ability. We have the funds. We have the support.

If you think for a second that we don't, just take a trip over seas. You will quickly change your mind.

Freedom: the power or liberty to order one's own actions

So what are you doing with your freedom



Levi and Gabe
FREE. Free to live.
Photobucket

Free to be loved.
Photobucket

Free to laugh
Photobucket

Free to dream
Photobucket

10 comments:

The Monier Family July 7, 2011 at 6:32 AM  

(((((HUGS)))))
So moving....

Jill Yates July 7, 2011 at 8:00 AM  

As always, you have blessed my heart! Thank you again for following "the call". May we all be so faithful to trust the Lord to accomplish what He calls us to do! What joy to see all your children and their happy faces! Continue raising them to see the Lord in you! His reflection is beautiful!

Anonymous July 7, 2011 at 8:12 AM  

I love my family, all 5 kids, and of course could not imagine life without my best friend and amzing wife, Lindy!!!!

We are blessed by God, blessed to be in America and blessed to give and care for others.

Molly July 7, 2011 at 8:33 AM  

Love Luke's Hebrew tattoo. What does it say ? (I should be able to read it, but my hebrew is NOT good)

Also, Levi sounds super sensory seeking! Gotta love the "loud as it can go" kids!!

Erin July 7, 2011 at 9:26 AM  

Beautiful family! :)

kiwicpk July 7, 2011 at 2:29 PM  

ohhhh love your photos, and Gabe is such a little heart mealter for sure....we are all so thrilled for your family, blessings from Kim in New Zealand.

Inga July 7, 2011 at 9:58 PM  

Precious photos, just too sweet.

Rochelle July 8, 2011 at 3:22 AM  

What joy in Levi's face!! Gabe looks like he's put a little weight on...good for him! :) Keep up the good work!

Rochelle
Elk Grove, CA

Lisa (DanielsMommy) July 8, 2011 at 6:41 PM  

What an awesome post!! Your pictures are amazing. Levi is precious beyond words....and Gabe, that last picture took my breath away...simply took my breath away!!

gpsinma March 5, 2012 at 8:30 PM  

The tattoo says "emuna", which means "faith".

Beautiful blog! I am so inspired, I pray every day that my husband will join me in seeking to adopt one of these angels!

Followers

Books I LOVE and recommend

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP