Thursday, January 26, 2012

Happy 6th Birthday Levi

Photobucket

Levi, this December we celebrated your 6th Birthday!
You have only been home with us for less than 6 months, but in this short time we have many reasons to celebrate you.

Photobucket
As I thought many times about your actual birth day, I wondered if it was ever celebrated?

I only know a few things about when you first came into this world, like the town you were born in.
I know your birth mother actually brought you to her home.
She named you Vitalik.
I know that their is no record of your birth father.

I know that at 3 months old she brought you back to the hospital because you were sick

and then she left you there.

You were then brought to the orphanage where you spent the next 5 years.

When I think about your birth mother I can't help but feel that she loved you.
I picture her holding your tiny body in her arms and planting sweet kisses on your bald little head.

How could she have not fallen absolutely in love with you?

Why then were you abandon at just three months old?

What kind of mother would do that to their own child.

I really don't have the answers.
I could be totally wrong, but what I feel is that when she brought you back to the hospital due to what the records show as maybe a sickness, that is when she found out that you had down syndrome. And in your country there is absolutely no available help for single mothers with a child that has special needs.

How I wish for your birth mother's sake there was.

Was your birth celebrated that very day? Was it celebrated every year later at your orphanage? Maybe yes, maybe no.


Here is what I do know my little Levi,

You are LOVED
You are Cherished
You are Celebrated

Your birth was NOT a mistake.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. -Psalm 139:13-16




Here are the only photo's we have of you as an infant and toddler.
Photobucket

Photobucket

This was the first photo we saw of you on the Reece's Rainbow page. Your Daddy thought you were oh so cute.
Photobucket

Photo's given to us after we committed to you.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. -Genesis 1:27
Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Signing "I Love You"
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We can't wait to celebrate MANY MORE birthday's with you Levi!

9 comments:

Molly January 26, 2012 at 5:19 PM  

Happy Birthday Levi-love!

Lisa (DanielsMommy) January 27, 2012 at 6:22 PM  

Those are some of the most amazing pictures I have ever seen. Something about seeing the orphanage pics..then seeing him today gives me the chills....it's amazing. It's like his whole face changed. The video was priceless...if you looked 'joyful' up the in the dictionary...you'd see that video!!

one_plustwins January 28, 2012 at 6:56 AM  

Absolutely wonderful, Lindy. I have often wondered if that baby picture was Levi or not :) Now, I know...

Mama of 4 Blessings January 31, 2012 at 6:24 PM  

Lindy, your pictures are amazing! You do an excellent job! Your son is adorable, very handsome :) We want you to do some pictures for us when we bring our girls home. We will have 4 girls, two teens, and two babies. We are blessed :)
Looking forward to our journeys together.
Regina

Melissa February 2, 2012 at 9:05 AM  

Levi is so handsome!! Happy birthday little man!

Ashley Gibson February 4, 2012 at 3:49 PM  

Just checked 'new commitments'!!! Wow....congratulations!! Can't wait to follow your journey...AGAIN!!!!

Jolie Harris February 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM  

Oh what a beautiful child he is! Your photography is fantastic. I wish you could do a photo shoot of our beautiful boys! We are going "back" again too :-). We are adopting a gorgeous little girl from China this year with designer genes. I am still trying to sneak a second little girl in and then we will be done! Congrats on Kole! He is a doll!

Anonymous February 4, 2012 at 11:50 PM  

What a great photographer you are...wish I could hire you! Levi is so handsome...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Levi!! :-)

Rochelle Wilson
Elk Grove, CA

JennyH February 22, 2012 at 8:29 AM  

He is So darn cute!! Hope he had a great birthday being home!

I didn't even recognize him until I saw the RR photos of him. He was one of the little boys I donated to for the Angel tree in 2010. I also shared him with all the teachers and people who interact with my son at school.

Congrats to your family.

Followers

Books I LOVE and recommend

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP